Thursday, June 18, 2009

On Track, Article Topics, Friends and Such

It's been a week since my last post. Work and life became hectic, but things have settled down for the moment. I was able to churn out a few articles this week, but if I stay on this track I don't think I'll make my goal of 21 articles. I do have 21 days until the end of my 30 days though, so maybe I can kick my writing up a notch.

The trouble I've been having lately is mostly just coming up with article topics. People say it's okay to write on a topic if it's been done before, but put your personal twist on it. I struggle with this though. I just don't think there should be 10 articles on how to paint your nails. But coming up with new and original topics is very difficult. So what to do?

I went through my entire friends list the other night and tried to comment on at least one article for everyone. I didn't for some because either they only have a few articles and I've made comments on them all or I really didn't have an interest in the topic. I don't think it helpful to the writer if I have absolutely nothing constructive to say about their article because it's on a topic that I would never try to look for on my own.

And finally, 15 out of my 26 articles are now making money. Whee! It's only a few cents here and there, but it's great to see that my older articles are finally picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment